[mapserver-users] efficiently displaying daily changing vector data

Brent Fraser bfraser at geoanalytic.com
Wed Sep 21 10:49:58 EDT 2011

Puneet,

1. If the incoming CSV format and content is consistent then using OGR
would likely be OK.  If you need to modify the values to make it
acceptable to Mapserver (e.g. change your angles from Heading
(clockwise, north is 0) to "standard" angles (counter-clockwise, + x
axis is 0), the PostGIS would be a better solution.  Note that RFC 64
may solve the heading angle problem by allowing you to do the math in
the mapfile, but I haven't tried it.  Also you may want to test both
CSV/OGR and PostGIS solutions for performance reasons.

2. There are a couple of vector( Type vector, not TrueType) arrow
symbols described at the bottom of
http://mapserver.org/mapfile/symbology/construction.html

Best Regards,
Brent Fraser