[mapserver-users] WFS Typename behavior

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Thu Sep 22 07:35:16 EDT 2011

Hi,

I can see from the server logs that users of ArcGIS Data Interoperability extension are usually making first request so that all the feature types are listed in &typename and with &maxFeatures=30000. This will lead on our server to output that is truncated at the 30000th feature but it varies a bit on what feature type the limit is achieved. But according to the standard using a list of typenames is OK. TinyOWS does not have problems with such a request
http://188.64.1.61/cgi-bin/tinyows?service=WFS&version=1.0.0&request=GetFeature&typename=mml_airport,mml_asemat

Check if the output is truncated at your maxFeatures. If it is then everything is OK. If maxFeatures is not reached then the result should be the same as when making two separate getFeatures for Traseer and Punkter. Otherwise it looks like a bug.

-Jukka Rahkonen-