[mapserver-users] PHP-mapscript before/after draw discrepancy

Steve Lime sdlime at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 23:40:40 EDT 2011

Extents are adjusted to deal with the fact the supplied extent often
doesn't match the aspect ratio of the output image. One set of
coordinates (x's or y's) is left alone and the other is adjusted to
compensate for the image aspect ratio. By default MapServer likes
square pixels.

I don't know enough to about the zoompoint/zoomrect methods to really
comment on why they don't work well with the non-square pixels, except
that non-square pixels are really a WMS/WCS phenomena in MapServer...

Steve