[mapserver-users] TILEINDEX layer problem mapserver 6.0.1

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Thu Sep 29 11:54:17 EDT 2011

On 11-09-28 02:57 PM, Rahkonen Jukka wrote:
> So gdalinfo with Upper Left  (    0.0,    0.0) etc. means that gdal cannot get the correct georeferencing for your images. They are placed at coordinates (0,0) instead and then the WMS BBOX does not intersect the image area and server is sending a white map for you.

Your analysis is correct, the invalid extents returned by GDAL are
likely the source of the problem for MapServer. I am checking with Simon
off-list to try to understand why this is happening.

> And "ERROR 1: Maximum number of characters allowed reached." suggests that for some part of the system the file path is too long.  I have never seen such an error but I would still take it seriously and have a try placing the images into a a place like /mnt/pathtest/image_01.ecw

I did a quick grep on the GDAL source, and it seems that this error
message would be returned by the CPLReadLine2L() function, so I'd think
it is unlikely to be related to the length of the file path.

--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/