[mapserver-users] Open Layers Problem

pcreso at pcreso.com pcreso at pcreso.com
Fri Apr 27 20:26:11 EDT 2012

Hi Alberto,

I can get the capabilities document, & a list of available layers, using the WMS facility in Quantum GIS, but when I try to access/load the layers as a map the request fails:

"Response: <HTML>
<HEAD><TITLE>MapServer Message</TITLE></HEAD>
<!-- MapServer version 6.0.1 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=AGG SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=ICONV SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=GEOS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE -->
<BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF">
msLoadMap(): Unable to access file. (http://173.236.45.118/home/bicimapas/mapdata/BiciMapasMS.map)
</BODY></HTML>"
I suggest that having your mapfile in your home directory tree rather than your webserver's directory tree might be the problem.
You might also try tools like uDIG or QGIS to access the WMS service & debug it before you try to get it working with OpenLayers.
Cheers,
   Brent Wood