[mapserver-users] Projection takes less time than no projection ?

Smith, Michael ERDC-RDE-CRREL-NH Michael.Smith at erdc.dren.mil
Tue Dec 4 07:39:19 PST 2012

Clément,

There is an optimized route for reprojection from 4326 -> 3857 in MapServer (see http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/mapserver-dev/2012-February/011956.html) so it can be very fast. I can't see how if could be faster than no projection. Perhaps the 10% is just within the margin of error? Or did you do the test 1000's of times and average the results? That might be what it takes to really see a difference.

Mike

--
Michael Smith
US Army Corps