[mapserver-users] Problem with ODBC connection

Bistrais, Bob Bob.Bistrais at maine.gov
Tue Dec 4 09:45:36 PST 2012

I want to read the contents of the dbf from a shapefile.  I set up an ODBC connection, and have been successful on a development machine, in that I can read the dbf and get the results I was looking for.  However, when I move the application to another server, I get the following error message:

Warning: odbc_connect(): SQL error: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified, SQL state IM002 in SQLConnect in C:\ms4w_304\apps\geoparcels\htdocs\php\selectparcel.php on line 14
Could Not Connect to ODBC Database!

I was under the impression that MapServer had built-in suffort for shapefiles and DBF.  I checked over the php.ini file, but didn't find anything.  So I am confused as to why this code works on one machine and not another.  Any ideas what to look for?