[mapserver-users] MapServer and 24bit Images

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Wed Dec 5 01:27:43 PST 2012

Hi,

You should try to give more exact description about your problem. By reading several mails which you have sent to MS4W list I believe that you are still talking about the same images. That is 3-band,  8 bits per band images stored into database as PostGIS raster and which you have tried to classify into classes with something like this

CLASS # beginning of the class parameter
 NAME "Very Low"
 EXPRESSION ([pixel] > 0 AND [pixel] < 47)
 STYLE
  COLOR 243 231 172
END # end style for class
END # end class for class very Low

I had a try with some png file I found from my machine by using this in the mapfile

LAYER
  NAME "classified"
  DATA "C:\ms4w\apps\data\8000000.png"
  debug 10
  TYPE RASTER
  STATUS ON
   PROJECTION
            "init=epsg:3067"
   END
 CLASS
    NAME "test"
   EXPRESSION ([pixel] > 100 AND [pixel] < 250)
   # EXPRESSION ([red] > 100 AND [green] > 100 AND [blue] > 100)
    STYLE
      COLOR 0 255 0
    END
  END
END

Both expressions work so Mapserver does support classification of 3-band, 8 bits per band png images.
Try you to convert your raster from the database into image file and repeat your test. It if works from a file but not from PostGIS raster then you know that the issue is somewhere in PostGIS raster handling.

-Jukka Rahkonen-