[mapserver-users] Run time substitution - Like instead of =

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Fri Feb 3 14:26:37 EST 2012

Perhaps someone can tell if you could use the default value to "NOT something_very_off", which would then select everything for you.

-Jukka Rahkonen-
 tellett wrote:

> Hi All,

> I'm using runtime substitution to replace the value of an expression and
thats working fine, however, if I don't set the expression value in the url,
I want the layer to show all the records. For example my class looks likes

         NAME 'FKB-A'
         EXPRESSION '%pn%'
            COLOR 254 150 254
            OUTLINECOLOR 1 1 1

and when I use this request:

I get back 1 record which is correct. However, if I drop the &pn=LACHVE11 of
course I get no results back. Is there any way of changing this so that I
can get all the records of the table returned?

I thought about using the 'default_pn' option in the metadata and using
wildcards but as this is an '=' expression rather than a 'LIKE' expression
wildcards are useless. Maybe its just because its friday afternoon, but I
just can't see a way of doing this, help!!!

Best Regards

mapserver-users mailing list
mapserver-users at lists.osgeo.org