[mapserver-users] Does Mapserver utilise Spatialite spatial index correctly?

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Sat Feb 11 11:00:06 EST 2012

> I've commited improvements in GDAL trunk for both points (
> http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/changeset/23944 and
> http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/changeset/23945 ) that make the above request go
> from 1.7 sec to 0.54 sec . I don't think there's any more significant speed
> gain to expect now (at least on OGR side).

Actually, I found a new improvement (committed in
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/changeset/23946) that make the query time go down
to 0.07 sec (*) ! There was a slowness when opening the layer due to the
presence of an ORDER BY clause in the DATA string, that was evaluated before
setting the spatial filter.

(*) For comparison, I translated your database to Postgis, and set-up the
connection mapfile to use that Postgis database (still through OGR, not the
MapServer Postgis backend). The same request with OGR PG is run in 0.18 sec.