[mapserver-users] mapserv 5 -> 6 symbol question

Richard Greenwood richard.greenwood at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 12:22:23 PST 2012

I'm upgrading a site from mapserver 5.6 to 6.0 and the attached symbol
has me stumped. I can't seem to replicate the style in 6.0.

My mapserver 5.6 definition that created the attached GIF is here:

SYMBOL
 NAME 'Circle_Open'
 TYPE ELLIPSE
 FILLED false
 POINTS 1 1 END
END

LAYER
 TYPE polygon
 TRANSPARENCY alpha
 CLASS
   STYLE
     COLOR 69 158 239
     OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 255
     SYMBOL 'Circle_Open'
     SIZE 1
   END
 END
END

In mapserver 6.0 I'm using the same SYMBOL definition. I have split
the outline into a separate STYLE block. But regardless of the SIZE or
WIDTH that I specify for the STYLE all I get is a solid fill. What am
I missing?

Thanks,
Rich

--