[mapserver-users] Trouble connecting to PostGIS

Brent Fraser bfraser at geoanalytic.com
Mon Feb 13 13:24:43 PST 2012

Bob,
   Typical problems are
         - the connecting user (postgisuser) does not have privilege to
access the table
         - coordinate system is not specified in data (SRID=-1) and not
in the mapfile either
         -  and others

Turn on the layer debug logging by adding

DEBUG 5

to your mapfile and looking a the log.  You can also execute the SQL
statements shown in the log file using pgAdmin's SQL tool to see
additional information.

Best Regards,
Brent Fraser