[mapserver-users] Trouble connecting to PostGIS

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Mon Feb 13 14:15:05 PST 2012

On 12-02-13 6:05 PM, Puneet Kishor wrote:
> The error above is telling you that it can't even find the said table.
>
> Can you SELECT from this table successfully in PgAdmin?
>
> Is it in a different schema than public, and perhaps that schema is not in the searchpath?
>
> Does the postgisuser have access to this table?

For any dataset, I always always always (did I say always?) start with
an ogrinfo command, to test the connection (in this case the connection
to PG).  The syntax is documented on that same page:
http://www.mapserver.org/input/vector/postgis.html  I don't ever move to
MapServer testing before ogrinfo is happy.  (hint: you can pass SQL
queries to your database through ogrinfo with the -sql switch)

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/