[mapserver-users] Trouble connecting to PostGIS

Bistrais, Bob Bob.Bistrais at maine.gov
Mon Feb 13 14:38:51 PST 2012

I changed my Data statement similar to what you did here, Brent, and it
still comes up with an error, but the message shows that there is
something wrong with the select statement, so maybe this is another
clue:

prepare_database(): Query error. Error declaring cursor: ERROR:  syntax
error at or near "select"

LINE 1: ..._2d(the_geom)),'NDR'),gid::text from Metwp100Poly(select *
f...

                                                             ^

With query string: DECLARE mycursor BINARY CURSOR FOR SELECT
asbinary(force_collection(force_2d(the_geom)),'NDR'),gid::text from
Metwp100Poly(select * from Metwp100Poly where land='y') as foo WHERE
the_geom && setSRID('BOX3D(134000 4692598.18523154,890900
5307401.81476846)'::BOX3D, 26919 )