[mapserver-users] RE: Circles around points in miles

Ian Walberg ian.walberg at airborne.aero
Thu Feb 16 13:57:14 PST 2012

This does not work in all cases as we hoped,  or we may not  understand
how to use the overall ma projection correctly.

All the layers have the projection set to "proj=latlong,ellps=WGS84".

However if we set the overall map projection from this to "proj=ortho"
the layer with the sizeunits set disappears.

Is this an issue related to the projection or that the map units are now
different.

If we remove the sizeunits from the layer with the circles they reappear
but of course are not the correct size (in miles).

Many thanks

Ian