[mapserver-users] dynamically changing data path and calculating scales

Puneet Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 12:25:40 PST 2012

I have a layer like so that works very well (snipped for brevity)

	LAYER
		TYPE RASTER
		DATA "path/to/data/my.img"
		PROCESSING "SCALE=-24.403,-1.483"
        CLASS
        	STYLE
        		COLORRANGE 46 154 88 251 255 128
      			DATARANGE -24 0
    		END
  		END
	END

Now, I want to dynamically change the "path/to/data" via a web query. Basically, I have img files for different months, and I want the user to be able to choose a specific month and have MapServer deliver that data. So, for January, I want "path/to/1/my.img" and for November it would be "path/to/11/my.img".

Additionally, that "SCALE=-24.403,-1.483" above... well, I used one of them gdal utils to determine that, but I would like to do that automagically. Needless to say, "SCALE=AUTO" does not work.

Suggestions?

--
Puneet Kishor