[mapserver-users] draw line readinf from mysql

Robert Sanson Robert.Sanson at asurequality.com
Mon Feb 20 12:15:48 PST 2012

Hi Murat

Is it possible for you to create a view from the columns that presents the data as a WKT line feature:

create view lineview as select id, "LINESTRING(" + lon1 + " " + lat1 + "," + lon2 + " " + lat2 + ")" as geom from mytable

Then set up your OGR ovf file representing this view:

<OGRVRTDataSource>
        <OGRVRTLayer name="fences">
        <SrcDataSource>ODBC:user/passwd at DSN</SrcDataSource>
        <SrcLayer>lineview</SrcLayer>
        <GeometryType>wkbLine</GeometryType>
        <LayerSRS>EPSG:2193</LayerSRS>
        <GeometryField encoding="WKT" field="geom"/>
        <FID>id</FID>
        </OGRVRTLayer>
</OGRVRTDataSource>

Best wishes,

Robert

>>> Murat Beyhan <beyhan at deprem.gov.tr> 21/02/2012 2:52 a.m. >>>
Dear friend,

I'm trying to draw a line using MySql database
the table in database as follows,

            id    lat1    lon1    lat2    lon2
20100308023229 40.1113 38.7901 40.0311 38.7428

actually using ogr connection I can draw point using ogr and mysql, but
How can I draw line using such database table, please help me and give
the idea...

Thanks

Murat
--