[mapserver-users] Aligning labels within a polygon

Jan Hartmann j.l.h.hartmann at uva.nl
Tue Feb 21 11:23:20 EST 2012

Hi,

I'm inputting lots of street address points in PostGIS, and try to
generate labels for the streets. The convex hull of the points of a
street approximate the course of the street, and I would like to
position the streetname in the middle of the convex hull polygon,
aligned to its dominant angle (the polygons are generally quite narrow).
Is there a way of doing this with MapServer? Perhaps by thinning out the
polygon to a line, for then I can use "angle follow".

Jan