[mapserver-users] Re: Reloading MapCache configuration file on changes?

Pavel Iacovlev iacovlev.pavel at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 02:22:52 PST 2012

apache2ctl -k graceful is not really an option for me because I would have
to give root privileges to my apache/php.

"AFAIK, this isn't possible." I don't know anything about apache modules
and stuff so the next thing I say may not be applicable or just plain
stupid, but maybe each process will hold their own copy of configuration so
the apache process will be able to alter it's configuration upon detection
of file change. There is certainly that added overhead of "checking last
modified date" and keeping more copies in memory, but this should not be
the default behavior.