[mapserver-users] OGR and MSSQL non-specific error

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 13:58:41 PST 2012

2012/2/26 Anzel, Phil - NRCS, Fort Collins, CO <Phil.Anzel at ftc.usda.gov>

> 1. Note that I omitted the “tables=…” as it appears that naming a specific
> table would interfere with connection pooling if I’m using many layers
> drawing data from different tables. Do I understand the role of the
> “tables=…” incorrectly?****
>
> **

Yes, it may be considered as being a different connection if the tables
section is used.

> **
>
> 2. I added the explicit spatial filtering (STIntersects…). Is there a
> better way to do this?****
>
> **

It seems to be a bit complicated this way. I think you should try simply
setting the layer name in the DATA section. In this case the spatial filter
is added automatically by the MapServer OGR driver.

Best regards,

Tamas