[mapserver-users] Oracle Locator support

bteluk at gmail.com bteluk at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 22:01:41 PST 2012

Hi,
I'm trying to find out if Oracle Locator can be used as an effective Spatial
Database for MapServer.  I haven't been able to find a list of what is and
isn't supported for this combination.  We've been using PostgreSQL/PostGIS
as our spatial database and are wondering whether a shift to Oracle Locator
is viable, or whether we'd need to go to Oracle Spatial.  The kinds of
things we're doing are:
- building OpenLayers applications with a high level of user functionality
eg. multiple layers, point and polygon queries, user drawn/edited features
(for writing to the database)
- providing WMS services (eg. street maps)
- providing WFS services (with filtering)
- custom services eg. nearest feature to a point, queries on buffered
features, etc.
Thanks, Bill Teluk