[mapserver-users] Mapserv stopped running after upgrade to trunk

Luís de Sousa luis.a.de.sousa at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 06:05:04 PST 2012

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to install the trunk version, I checkout the project, compiled it
and moved it to the cgi-bin directory. But now it doesn't run:

$ ./mapserv -v
mkdir: cannot create directory `/usr/lib/cgi-bin/.libs': Permission denied
/usr/bin/ld.bfd.real: cannot open output file
/usr/lib/cgi-bin/.libs/17805-lt-mapserv: No such file or directory
collect2: ld returned 1 exit statusn

Why is mapserv trying to access /usr/lib/cgi-bin/.libs? I had a previous
version installed so I shouldn't be missing any libraries.

Thank you,

Luís