[mapserver-users] OGR and MSSQL non-specific error

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Wed Feb 29 00:41:07 PST 2012

2012/2/28 Anzel, Phil - NRCS, Fort Collins, CO <Phil.Anzel at ftc.usda.gov>

>  Hi, Tamas,
>

> I believe there is at least one bug in the OGR code: the SRID is not
> properly retrieved from the underlying Sql Server 2008 database or its
> value is ignored, and therefore zero records are returned.

Probably the geometry_columns metadata table contains incorrect srid for
the NAV_STATE entry.

> I also note that all columns are returned. That is unfortunate, as that
> could potentially represent quite a bit of network traffic,

This is a subject of improvement in the mapserver ogr driver. OGR is now
capable to limit the fields by using OGR_L_SetIgnoredFields, but it hasn't
been utilized yet. We should also modify the OGR mssql driver to rely
on OGRFieldDefn::IsIgnored
just like for the sqlite driver. Added 2 tickets to implement this addition:
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/4534

Best regards,

Tamas