[mapserver-users] Order by from Data lost in translation from PostGIS to gml_include_items

Derek Morgan jdmorgan at unca.edu
Wed Feb 29 04:18:42 PST 2012

Hello,

I am using the DATA parameter to pull in data from a PostGIS DB.  It
is in the format of [geometry_column] from [sql_subquery] , then in a
web application I am utilizing the WMS GetFeatureInfo to obtain the
data data. This is done by putting a DUMP TRUE in the layer section
and defining the relevant "gml_include_items".

However, my problem is in that I am able to do an “order by” in the
sql_subquery, but it doesn’t come through to the GetFeatureInfo in the
order that I specified. I was curious if anyone has any experience
with this, and how I might get this to work.

Thanks,
Derek