[mapserver-users] Re: Oracle Locator support

bteluk at gmail.com bteluk at gmail.com
Wed Feb 29 20:45:33 PST 2012

Hi Michael,
Thanks, but I only want to know at this stage whether MapServer is written
for Oracle Spatial only, or whether it can support Locator.

I'm guessing from reading Oracle's documentation that since
SDO.GEOM.INTERSECTS and SDO.GEOM.RELATE aren't supported, that MapServer
probably doesn't support Locator.  However, how do I know that MapServer
doesn't use the SQL/MM functions instead - which are apparently supported.

Is there no easy way other than to test every possible variant of MapServer
usage against a test Locator installation?

Regards, Bill Teluk.