[mapserver-users] Can't get 8-bit palette output

Jan Hartmann j.l.h.hartmann at uva.nl
Mon Jan 2 11:44:59 EST 2012

Happy New Year, all.

I'm porting my applications from MapServer 5.7 to 6.0.1, and I am unable
to get 8-bit palette output. The MapScript commands are:

     $oMap->outputformat->set('driver','GD/PNG');
     $oMap->outputformat->set('imagemode',MS_IMAGEMODE_PC256);

which give me the following warning, and no image:

*Warning*: mapObj::draw() [mapobj.draw
<http://mapserver.sara.nl/calligo/zl//maps/k1832/mapobj.draw>]:
[MapServer Error]: agg2CreateImage(): AGG2 driver only supports RGB or
RGBA pixel models

I tried every combination I coud think of, with GIF and GDAL, and got
always the same result. MapServer was compiled with gd-support:

MapServer version 6.0.1 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG SUPPORTS=PROJ
SUPPORTS=AGG SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=ICONV SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER
SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT
SUPPORTS=WCS_SERVER SUPPORTS=THREADS SUPPORTS=GEOS INPUT=POSTGIS
INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

Any idea, someone?

Jan