[mapserver-users] WMS non-square extent query using openlayers

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Jan 25 18:04:36 EST 2012

David,

MapServer is definately able to return results that are non-square,
and further that do not have 1:1 aspect ratio with the geo request
(thus resulting in requesting so called "non square pixels").  In WMS
mode I believe non-square pixel support is enabled by default - I think
this is not the case in traditional MapServer mode.

But if I were you, I'd start by examining that WMS request is actually
being generated and sent to MapServer by OpenLayers and determine
if it is doing what it ought to.

BTW, I'm surprised you are seeing "three sides" of the request and
one not being.  When MapServer fixes extents that imply non-square
pixels it would end up changing two sides (actual sides or bottom and
top) equally.

Best regards,