[mapserver-users] Info on wms_version parameter

Eichner, Andreas - SID-NLKM Andreas.Eichner at sid.sachsen.de
Mon Jul 23 05:26:39 PDT 2012

> My doubt is about a strange "wms_version" parameter.
>
> I found this parameter
>
> "wms_server" "1.3.0"
> on a mapfile I'm studying, but don't find any info on this parameter.
>
> From your response I understand that the "wms_version"
> parameter is simply a digit mistake. Right ?

It seems that neither "wms_server" nor "wms_version" exist. If you use
another WMS as input use "wms_server_version" at the layer's metadata to
specify the WMS version to connect with. And if you want to present a
lower version to clients use "wms_getcapabilities_version" on the WEB
metadata. Nevertheless if a clients asks with VERSION=1.3.0 for a
GetCapabilities MapServer will respond with v1.3.0.