[mapserver-users] MapServer and PHP

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Mon Jul 30 23:29:04 PDT 2012

Henrique Rennó wrote:
> I installed MS4W from the installer and it worked. Maybe the zip file has some
> different configuration in php.
I'm fairly sure that the installer has added what ever was missing although
I'm sure Jeff would have commented if there WAS a difference. I do have a new
windows box going together (running XP) so I will dump the zip file on that and
see. I'm using Apache 2.4.x in production so it would need updating later,
except that it will not need any of the web stuff when I ship it :)

> Just one more question. As I'll start using mapscript, do I have to use this
> list to take doubts out or another list?
Well I use mapserver and php but not via ms4w, so I don't subscribe to the
ms4w-users list ... anything related to creating the maps is best handled here
but I'm sure that the ms4w list would be helpful as well. My own little work in
progress is http://lsces.org.uk/mapper/display_map.php which uses the UK OS free
data, although I have a set of historic maps of the Isle of Man which I've also
processed to overlay one another. Still work in progress :(

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL