[mapserver-users] Map Not Available at This Scale Image

Lime, Steve D (DNR) Steve.Lime at state.mn.us
Thu Jun 14 13:53:56 PDT 2012

Couple of options.

1)      You can create a layer that displays that text in the middle of the map and have it turn on below a certain scale. If doing tiling w/meta-tiling you'd want draw the text the same number of times as you have meta-tiles. That would take some mucking about but it's doable.

2)      There's a little used parameter in the WEB section called MINTEMPATE/MAXTEMPLATE. MapServer will redirect to the URL specified depending on scale. It's been ages since I used it but in theory you could reference an image with the necessary text by URL.

Steve