[mapserver-users] Dynamic Pie Piece Marker

Ryan Dussiaume ryan.dussiaume at mentum.com
Mon Jun 25 19:25:01 PDT 2012

Hi,

I'm trying to create a point marker shaped like a pie piece where the pie piece can be various sizes based on an attribute of the point.  For example, it could look like a piece of pie when the attribute is 30 degrees or it could look like Pacman if the attribute is 300 degrees.  The color of the pie piece would be determined by an attribute as well.

Does anyone know if this is possible with MapServer and how to do it?

I was hoping that I could layer two lines on top of a circle and then somehow define a mask for the circle symbol so that the unwanted piece is cut out.  After some research, it doesn't seem like it's possible.  Has anyone done anything similar?

Thanks,
Ryan