[mapserver-users] newbie just getting a blank page

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Tue Jun 26 05:56:46 PDT 2012

Hi,

You do not ask for any layer. Add STATUS DEFAULT to your layer or add &layers=all into your request.

Unfortunately, even your mapfile is short is has many other errors and outdated stuff.  Where did you take an example when you wrote it?

We should absolutely have some guaranteed correct mapfiles with corresponding data for the newbies and it should be forbidden for the poor new users to do any own trials before the Hello Word example shows a map.  When I started we had MapLab but what do we have now?  Even the Qgis mapfile write plugin is broken nowadays.

-Jukka Rahkonen-
________________________________
Eloi Ribeiro wrote:

> Hi,

> I'm trying MapServer for the first time and doing something wrong because all I get is a blank page<https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1735137/MapServer_firefox_chromium.png> in the browser with:
http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/var/www/teste.map&mode=map
The computer is running Ubuntu 10.04 with UbuntuGIS-unstable repository.
The map file is located under the Apache folder (/var/www/teste.map) and trying to load a PostGIS layer.
This is the content of my map file:
--------------------------------------
MAP
  NAME "World map"
  SIZE 500 500
  UNITS meters
  IMAGECOLOR 28 28 55
  IMAGETYPE png
  EXTENT -180 -90 180 90
  PROJECTION
    "proj=latlong"
    "ellps=WGS84"
  END

  OUTPUTFORMAT
    NAME png
    DRIVER 'GD/PNG'
    MIMETYPE 'image/png'
    IMAGEMODE RGBA
    EXTENSION 'png'
  END

  LAYER
    CONNECTIONTYPE POSTGIS
    CONNECTION "dbname='bd_ceam' host='localhost' port='5432' user='consulta' password='*******' sslmode='disable'"
    DATA "geom FROM 'sch_sig'.'wd_paises' USING UNIQUE gid USING srid=4326"
    NAME "wd_paises"
    TYPE POLYGON
    END
    EXTENT -180 -90 180 90