[mapserver-users] SLD TextSymbolizer in 6.1-dev

jlundnielsen jolni at KMS.dk
Wed Jun 27 06:07:18 PDT 2012

Hi List,

In the process of preparing for 6.2 I have discovered a problem applying
labels through the use of SLD TextSymbolizer in 6.1-dev.

The following is applying labels fine in my current install of 6.0.1, but
not in 6.1-dev:
<TextSymbolizer>
  <Label>
    <PropertyName>NAME</PropertyName>
  </Label>

    <CssParameter name="font-family">arial</CssParameter>
    <CssParameter name="font-style">bold</CssParameter>
    <CssParameter name="font-size">18</CssParameter>

</TextSymbolizer>

The request does not fail as such in 6.1-dev, just no labels are applied...
Digging out the temporary mapfile reveals that 'TEXT ("[NAME]")' is put in
the layer in both cases, but in 6.1-dev there is no declaration of 'LABEL'
for the layer, so it is not shown.

Am I doing something wrong here? Anyone having similar experiences?