[mapserver-users] EPSG 27493

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Wed Jun 27 16:38:05 PDT 2012

Hello Luis,

Don't worry, I too have many problems between my chair and my keyboard.

You must tell MapServer where to draw the map data, in the extents and units
of your output projection (yes 27493: meters).  So your mapfile would look
something like:

MAP
  NAME "DEMOSMC"
  EXTENT                                        #extents in meters
(EPSG:27493)
  PROJECTION
    "init=epsg:27493"
  END

  LAYER
    NAME         "distritos"
    CLASS
    END
    PROJECTION
      "init=epsg:4274"
    END
  END
END #mapfile

If you are wondering how you would get the EXTENT values in meters from that
EPSG:27493; a trick I use is to use ogr2ogr command to create a shapefile in
EPSG:27493, from your Oracle layer.  (see the parameters "s_srs" and "t_srs"
at http://www.gdal.org/ogr2ogr.html).  Then once you have that shapefile you
can execute an ogrinfo on it to get the extents, and use that in your
mapfile (in the blank EXTENT in my example above).

Hopefully that makes it clear.

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna