[mapserver-users] Setup advice please?

pcreso at pcreso.com pcreso at pcreso.com
Fri Mar 2 14:10:43 EST 2012

Hi,

Hopefully someone here can help.

I have about 50Gb of high resolution aerial photos (geotiffs) to set up as a cached WMS service.

We have a mapserver setup ready to use, with backups, etc. already sorted. The dataset is competely static.

I'd like to set up MapProxy or Tilecache as a tiled WMS service for an OpenLayers front end, and possible other public use.

I'm happy with a dynamically populated cache, rather than a pre-filled one, so the cache is built up as it is used.

Can anyone experienced in this area suggest what sort of time is reasonable to expect a competent team to set this up in a professional way, with reasonable supporting docs, etc? Remembering we have a supported server to work with.

It has been asked for by a small local environmental interest group with zero funds, and I need to get a reasonable commercial cost for such an exercise to start with.

Thanks,

   Brent Wood