[mapserver-users] Re: Run-time Substitution and Raster file problem

teknocreator teknocreator at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 10:03:12 EDT 2012

Rahkonen,

Well, I did try your suggestion just using %file% with our raster data (it's
GRIB but I not sure that that would make a difference) and ended up with the
same parsing error.  I'll attempt a vector file when I get a chance.
However, I will say that I have successfully used RTS on a Point layer that
connects to a Postgres/PostGIS DB.  So this works for me for a different
layer and mapfile:

DATA         "geom_3857 from (select gid, priority, %dataarray% as ceil,
geom_3857 from wxmap_lamp_station_cigh) as subquery using unique gid using
srid=3857"

So dataarray with a particular string is passed into MapServer via the
request URL and the image of the points layer is displayed just fine.

I'll report back later for a vector file though I think considering its DATA
line is setup much the DB line above, it will probably work.  I will also
attempt to use a different raster, though I suspect that the parsing error
will occur just as it is now.

Thanks

Dave M