[mapserver-users] poor raster image quality

Mark Volz volzmark at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 19 08:13:54 EDT 2012

Hello,

I am using mapserver to consume a wms air photo service, and reproject the image so that it can be used with a program that requires a wms service in a different projection. Currently mapserver is working as both a wms client and wms server, except that the image quality is terrible.  To me it looks like it might be a 256 color image instead of 24 bit.  For the output format, I am using aag/jpeg, and RGB image mode.

If anyone could help me figure out how to get a better quality image for my air photo wms client / server I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Mark Volz