[mapserver-users] poor raster image quality

Mark Volz volzmark at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 19 23:06:06 EDT 2012

Hello,

The output quality of my mapserver wms service is poor.  This mapfile will eventually be used to project another wms server from one projection to another.

If anyone has an example mapfile that reprojects an air photo into another projection and then in turn serves the air photo into another projection I would appreciate it.  Also I included part of my map file

MAP
   PROJECTION
        "init=epsg:26915"   ##required
    END
    OUTPUTFORMAT
        NAME 'agg/jpeg'
        DRIVER AGG/JPEG
        IMAGEMODE RGB
        FORMATOPTION "QUALITY=85"
    END
    MAXSIZE 10000  #limit size of wms
    IMAGETYPE agg/jpeg
    IMAGECOLOR 255 255 255
    WEB
        IMAGEPATH "/ms4w/tmp/ms_tmp/"
        IMAGEURL "/ms_tmp/"
        METADATA  #should this be in our out of web?
            'ows_title' 'My WMS Server'
            'ows_onlineresource' 'http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=/ms4w/apps/myapplication/maps/myMap.map'
            'ows_srs' 'EPSG:26915 EPSG:26914 EPSG:103748'
        END #metadata
    END #web
    LAYER
        DEBUG ON
        NAME 'MyWMSLayer'
        TYPE RASTER
        STATUS ON
        CONNECTIONTYPE WMS
        CONNECTION "http://geoint.lmic.state.mn.us/cgi-bin/wms"
        METADATA
            "wms_srs" "EPSG:26915"
            "wms_name" "south11"
            "wms_server_version" "1.1.1"
            "wms_format" "image/jpeg"
        END
    END # LAYER
END # Map File

 From: Mark Korver <mwkorver at gmail.com>
You need to upload your map file for anybody to be able to help on this.