[mapserver-users] hyperlinks

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Tue Mar 20 11:14:16 EDT 2012

On 3/20/2012 10:05 AM, Daniel Erklauer wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am researching my options for moving to a WMS and would like to know
> if Mapserver is capable of handling hyperlinks that exists in my shape
> files that I have created using Arcmap.  My hyperlinks are pdfs
> located on my server.

The short answer is yes. The detailed answer involves how you might want
to do that.

1. you can create a template to a query that has the hyperlink in it and
even use some javascript to then jump immediately to the link

2. you can use mapserver to generate an image map the makes the
hyperlink active

3. you can do this in OpenLayers, via WFS or WMS get feature info, in
addition to probably a few other ways.

4. I'm sure others will have other ways they have done it.

-Steve W