[mapserver-users] Label priorities in MapServer 6

Christy Nieman cnieman at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Mar 22 11:16:48 EDT 2012

Hi,

I was hoping someone could confirm the following for me:

In MapServer 5.6, labelling seems to still honour the last in-first out
idea, in addition to priorities.  I.e.  when two layers have the same
label priority, the one that appears closest to the end of the mapfile
will "take priority" over the one that appeared earlier in the mapfile.

In MapServer 6, it seems that of these two layers with the same
priority, the layer that appears first in the mapfile will "take
priority" over the layer that appears later.

Is this correct, or am I missing something?

Thanks,
Christy
--
Christy Nieman