[mapserver-users] Re: Inefficient rendering of layer

Puneet Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 14:10:46 EDT 2012

First, I have no idea who you are asking, but since, at least as far as I can tell, I was the only one who replied to you, I am assuming you are asking me. My advice -- when responding, please include the entire email so the context of the conversation is obvious to everyone. And, no, not everyone uses nabble to view the message in context. We simply use our own email programs.

On Mar 27, 2012, at 12:49 PM, juliap wrote:

> I am not an SQL expert .  Do you know any other alternative?

Alternative to what? All you have to do is type your entire query with the words "EXPLAIN ANALYZE" prefixed to it. Your database will spit out a message, a query plan, describing how it will go about actually executing that query. Post the entire output to this list, and someone might be able to help you further.

--
Puneet Kishor