[mapserver-users] Re: tinyows - installation problem

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Thu Mar 29 00:16:13 EDT 2012

Hi,

Error seems to say that TinyOWS finds the database but not PostGIS functions from it. What do you get by this SQL query from your database

select postgis_version()

-Jukka Rahkonen-
________________________________
Neelima Emmani wrote:

> Hi all,
> I am trying to install tinyows in my ms4w package. First of all, I am new to this tinyows.
> Process  followed :
> Took files from tinyows folder and kept them in their related paths like

  *   tinyows.exe under apache>cgi-bin
  *   tinyows folder under ms4w>apps
  *   httpd_tinyows under ms4w>httpd.d and also set the tinyows environment in ms4w/Apache/conf/httpd.conf using statements from httpd_tinyows
  *   configuration - To configure made changes in the config.xml which is under tinyows folder. There i have my dbname , username, password and layername as follows -

<tinyows online_resource="http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/tinyows.exe"
  schema_dir="C:/ms4w/apps/tinyows/schema/"
  check_schema="0"
  log="C:/ms4w/tmp/ms_tmp/tows.log"
  log_level="1">
  <pg host="localhost" user="postgres" password="admin" dbname="postgis" port="5432"/>
  <metadata name="TinyOWS Server"
         title="TinyOWS Server - Demo Service" />
  <contact name="TinyOWS Server"
         site="http://www.tinyows.org/"
         email="tinyows-users at lists.maptools.org" />
<layer retrievable="1"
    writable="0"
    ns_prefix="tows"
    ns_uri="http://127.0.0.1/"
    prefix="tows"
    server="http://127.0.0.1/"
    schema="public"
    name="maps"
    title="maps" />
</tinyows>

  *   And then i opened cmd, went to the cgi-bin path and said tinyows --check. Then an exception is thrown as follows --

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<ows:ExceptionReport
 xmlns='http://www.opengis.net/ows'
 xmlns:ows='http://www.opengis.net/ows'
 xmlns:xsi='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance'
 xsi:schemaLocation='http://www.opengis.net/ows http://schemas.opengis.net/ows/1
.0.0/owsExceptionReport.xsd'
 version='1.1.0' language='en'>
 <ows:Exception exceptionCode='ConnectionFailed' locator='init_OWS'>
  <ows:ExceptionText>No PostGIS available in database</ows:ExceptionText>
 </ows:Exception>
</ows:ExceptionReport>

Can anyone suggest where is the problem. Usernmae, password, dbname and hostname are correct . there is no mistake in that. Do i need top do any further settings. Please suugest me , if any idea.

Awaiting reply.

With Regards,
Neelima Emmani