[mapserver-users] polygon symbol image fill problem

Matt McClelland matt at wildwalks.com
Thu Mar 29 01:00:06 EDT 2012

Hi John

I can't answer you question specifically I have not tried that feature

But can you use standard symbols to do the hatch-fill instead?  You will
probably get a better looking fill effect, and be kinder to your server

The Symbol construction stuff took me a little while to get my head around,
but it is very powerful and allows you to do some cool things.  Hatching is
fairly easy and you find a good example here.
http://mapserver.org/mapfile/symbology/construction.html#hatch-fill

Hope that helps

Matt  :)

Matt McClelland