[mapserver-users] Validation of mapfiles

Per Engström pereng at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 05:22:09 PDT 2012

Hi!

I work at the Swedish Meteorological and Hydrological Institute where we
use MapServer to make  meteorological maps available through WMS. Data is
read from many sources and we make heavy use of the INCLUDE tag to combine
various layer definitions into a Mother-Of-Mapfile: mom.map. What we need
to do is find a way to validate the files that mom.map includes - if one of
the included files have bad syntax it will break the entire mom.map.

Is there a way to validate the syntax of a map-file (other than trying to
make a request on one of the layers it defines)?
Is there a list of tags requires a closing END tag - thus making it
possible to check programmatically that opening and closing tags are
balanced?

Regards,
Per

--