[mapserver-users] MapServer Layer Filter not applying to WFS

Lime, Steve D (DNR) Steve.Lime at state.mn.us
Mon Nov 5 09:29:44 PST 2012

One other idea. I believe you can avoid using OGR by adding your filter to class expressions and setting a template (which enables queries) at the class level. Class expressions are always checked. If you have one class it's easy:

LAYER
     NAME Traseer
     GROUP TelMe
     TYPE LINE
     DATA "TM_Nett/TM_Traces"
     CLASS
        EXPRESSION'[type]' != "Bru")
        # Styling and more etc....
        TEMPLATE 'void'
      END
      # No template set at the layer level
END

Might consider WMS-only vs. WFS-only layer defs to simplify life if you have multiple classes.

Steve