[mapserver-users] PHP run-time substitute CGI parameter problem

akoel akoel at freemail.hu
Fri Nov 9 16:11:05 PST 2012

I have this part of a MAP file:

/LAYER
  DATA .....  =%selected_nid% ....
---
  VALIDATION
    "selected_nid"  "^[0-9]+$"
  END
END/

I want to substitute the "selected_nid" variable in run-time under PHP
script. (I can do it with Openlayers)
The problem is that I could not find any Layer-function for this. Somebody
has any idea what can I do?

I thought that there was an alternative for this problem. I put the variable
into the METADATA section like this:

/LAYER
  DATA .....  =%selected_nid% ....
---
  METADATA
    "selected_nid*_validation_pattern*"  "^[0-9]+$"
  END
END/

And in the PHP script I wrote this:

/...
$selected_layer->setMetaData( "selected_nid", $selected_nid );
/

But it did not substituted the variable.

thanks in advance