[mapserver-users] SVG Symbol -v 6.0.3

Alexandre Dubé adube at mapgears.com
Mon Nov 12 05:30:02 PST 2012

One more detail : some svg may not work and there's currently no way of
detecting them within MapServer. The issue is explained here:
     https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/issues/4518

I suggest you try the mapfile showing the issue as explained in the
ticket.  It has a working svg file, so you could use it to test your
MapServer installed.
     http://dl.mapgears.com/msbug/4518.tar.gz

Regards,

Alexandre

On 12-11-12 08:23 AM, Alexandre Dubé wrote:
> The SVG symbols support is a new feature available in MapServer 6.2.
> You also need it to be compiled with libsvg-cairo enabled, see
> http://mapserver.org/development/rfc/ms-rfc-73.html#backwards-compatibility-issues
>
> Regards,
>
> Alexandre
>

> On 12-11-09 12:05 PM, Fernando Norte wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> To use SVG Symbol I need the OUTPUT=SVG in my mapserver? I'm use the
>> 6.0.3 version.
>>
>> And try to use the symbol in that way bellow, but doesn't show nothing:
>>
>> SYMBOL
>> NAME "pont"
>> TYPE svg
>> IMAGE "symbols/pont.svg"
>> END
>> CLASS
>> STYLE
>> SYMBOL "pont_22"
>> END
>> END
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> *Fernando Norte*
>>
>> Desenvolvedor SIGWeb
>>
>> tel.(31) 2533.9900
>>
>> cel.(31) 9119.8814
>>
>> skype: fernandoglobalgeo
>>

>> Endereço: Alameda do Ingá, 88, 6º andar, Vale do Sereno
>>
>> Nova Lima/MG - CEP: 34.000-000
>>
>> www.globalgeo.com.br <http://www.globalgeo.com.br/>
>>
>> "O presente documento pode conter material confidencial ou seu sigilo
>> é protegido por lei.
>> Quaisquer informações nele contida são destinadas exclusivamente
>> ao(s) seu(s) destinatário(s)
>> não devendo em nenhuma hipótese ser repassado a terceiros".

> --
> Alexandre Dubé
> Mapgears
> www.mapgears.com