[mapserver-users] Displaying multiple labels with the same lat/long

Lime, Steve D (DNR) Steve.Lime at state.mn.us
Tue Nov 13 06:14:57 PST 2012

Not sure about clustering, but there may be other options as well:

You might be able to simply use POSITION AUTO and give these labels a high priority. MapServer will place them. If you need markers in this case you'll need to draw those separately to avoid marker collisions. So, one layer for points and the other for high-priority labels.

Version 6.2 supports multiple labels per feature. If you can de-normalize your data so you have 1 point plus multiple columns of companies (e.g. company1, company2, etc...) then you can use this approach. There's also leader support when things get really tight.

Steve