[mapserver-users] mapscript.jar in java

Umberto Nicoletti umberto.nicoletti at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 07:39:40 PDT 2012

Please note that growing memory usage is not necessarily symptom of a
problem. On the other hand memory not being released IS a problem.

Invoking programmatically the garbage collector does nothing towards
addressing memory leaks and, almost certainly in both cases, will
reduce the overall JVM performance.

As far as memory leaks are concerned Mapserver/Mapscript should be
mostly leak free, but ymmv depending on the features you are using.
If you are afraid (or know) that mapscript is leaking memory please
run it through Valgrind, then open an issue with both a test case and
a Valgrind output.

Best regards,
Umberto