[mapserver-users] Fwd: mapcache module load error (in apache2)

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Fri Sep 21 06:45:17 PDT 2012

On 9/21/2012 5:12 AM, 李杨 wrote:
> I just test it in firefox browser
>
> IN the browser there are some missing img, point to url like this
>
> I use the "http://199.195.214.155/mapcache/demo/tms" to test,
>   199.195.214.155 is my server.
>
> http://199.195.214.155/mapcache/tms/1.0.0/osm@WGS84/1/3/1.png
>
> but as I know my mapcache is not in my www dir. so mapcache dir there is
> no file.

When I click on the png link I get:

wms request for tileset osm returned an unsupported format:
<HTML>
<HEAD><TITLE>MapServer Message</TITLE></HEAD>
<!-- MapServer version 6.0.3 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG
SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=AGG SUPPORTS=CAIRO SUPPORTS=FREETYPE
SUPPORTS=ICONV SUPPORTS=FRIBIDI SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT
SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WCS_SERVER
SUPPORTS=SOS_SERVER SUPPORTS=FASTCGI SUPPORTS=THREADS SUPPORTS=GEOS
INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE -->
<BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF">
loadMap(): Web application error. CGI variable "map" is not set.
</BODY></HTML>

Also mapcache in the path is not a directory it is an application that
is running as an apache module, even those it looks like a directory. It
is working fine and as Thomas noted if you had clicked on the link you
would have seeen the error message above. You must have you mapcache.xml
file configured to point to a wms service named osm which is returning
an unsupported format.

Start looking there for your problem.

-Steve W